Monday, December 10, 2012

inky impressions challenge use something old

hello everyone! it's time for another inky impressions challenge!  this weeks theme is "use something old"  i love to use old things in my cards, the more vintage and shabby chic the better! :) here's my card for this week.

for my something old i used vintage buttons from my button collection, lace, and colored my stamped image in sepia tones.  the stamp that i used is MarLeigha's Ornament Dance which is probably one of my favorite's from inky impressions!  i found some 7 gypsy's sugar plum paper from my local stamping store and HAD to use it for this card.  i made a swooping pocket for the card instead of a regular criss cross card, which i thought it made it look even more unique and vintage.  i added  lot's of pearl swirls and all sorts of embellies from silk ribbon roses, cameos, flat backed pearls, large vintage-y paper flowers.

here's a close up of my image.  i LOVE the way it turned out. :) 

i would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous vintage card Nanette! Great coloring!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card, Nanette! Lovely coloring and I love all the vintage-y embellishments.

    So glad you could join in the monthly challenge at Great Impressions Stamps!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how adorable! Thanks for participating in our PILE IT ON challenge!!

    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous Vintage creation! Thank you so much for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges, hope to see you again soon! Have a fabulous New Year! Elaine DT -xxx- p.s I have new candy if you would like to pop by and enter :-) http://sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/new-candy.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - this is beautiful! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at the Joanna Sheen Challenge,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete